Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hola a todos!

Hello Family and Friends!

As you all know I will soon embark on my newest journey. August 29, I depart from Chicago landing in Madrid, Spain on the 30th. I chose to do the group flight so hopefully I will already have made some friends by the time I step off the plain.

My first few weeks I will be living in los residantes estudiantes (dorms) while I search the giant city for a place to live. Ideally, I would like to find an apartment relatively near campus with a mix of Spanish students and other European exchange students, maybe an American just for good measure. Also during this time I will be taking a three-week crash course on Spanish language and culture so that we foolish American students don't break some culture taboos and piss everyone off. I will be also be granted 3 credits for this first class :)

I'd like to use this blog as a convenient way for family and friends to get a hold of me as well as for posting my latest pictures and updates on my travels.

I love and will miss you all during my year abroad, feel free to come and visit!

Adios,
Madeline

6 comments:

Matthew Piette said...

Outstanding! Good luck and have fun in Spain.

Keep on posting!

Dan Piette said...

Very Nice!

Matthew, see if you can get Chris to add this to his PietteBlogMix. I see she has an RSS feed.

I hope you have a digital camera. Take some photos!

Abbie N. said...

Angel, this is great. Soon you'll be on your way to a great adventure.

Did you send this link to your Gma and Gpa in Milwaulee?

L,
M

Matthew Piette said...

I sent it to Chris.

I put a link on my website as well.

Charlie Nordholm said...

This is pretty cool! I want a blog too!

Matthew Piette said...

Don't forget a Picasa photo gallery