Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fresh Mozzarella


My Italian roommate, Gabriella, had her twin brother visit from Naples, the Italian city famous for its mozzarella. Gabriella would go on and on about the mozzarella from Napoli- "pero no entiendes tia, es en mejor, en serio, el mejor!" (the best, the best.) Well, her brother hadn't been here for more then 10 minutes when they called us to the kitchen to try the fresh mozz. It was amazing. I am not kidding you! I never new it could taste so sweet and milky. We ate it with a little fresh bread and tomato, awe man. No wonder Gabriella never eats the mozzarella from Spain. After growing up with that heavenly cheese nothing else will compare.
Gabriella has invited us, Taryn (my other American roommate) and I, to her house in April. I think we are all going and I cannot wait for more of that delicious cheese and some Italian pasta.

1 comment:

Abbie N. said...

Oh, Angel, that sounds so good. What a great food experience.